Thursday, March 09, 2006

More Havana tales

Being in a country where you can’t pronounce 'toilet' the right way (I know as much Spanish as you know German) (Note. If you know German, change that to Mandarin), (More Notes: If you know German and Mandarin, you should be spending your time doing something more useful than reading this), and get sent to the bus station instead of the loo be a bit of a pain at times. Though I won’t complain about my life, there are times when I feel lonely. With an extended family back home and a girlfriend to boot (she reads this, I'll get booted for sure), the life of traveler gets on ones nerves at times. Oh well, the shoe is always better on the other foot, the pasture is always greener on the other side et al.
Typing this out in my room at the Hotel Saratoga in Old Havana, listening to A.R.Rahman's Jana Gana Mana,(internet in Cuba exists now! as does www.raaga.com)I feel a tad bit lost and lonely. Never mind the fact that I'll get over it, it just goes to prove that...oh to hell with it, who cares what it proves.
You only live once, Live it well, Yeah yeah yeah, we went through it before, but that fact is important enough to be repeated over and over again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mercury said...

From mentions in previous posts , I realise you are in a relationship.. (And this is gonna make you feel mighty smug, but since i don't have to deal with the consequences of that anyway, i'll go ahead and say what i'm going to)

If (ofcourse god forbid) this one goes sour.. will you marry me??

Not for better or worse or in sickness or health... And definitely not for ever...

Just so long as you are travelling around the world, the way you seem to be!!!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Antimatter said...

Mercury: Yes.

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->