Thursday, March 16, 2006

More notes from Havana

My eleventh day in Havana. Crappy food has resulted in my weight going down by 4 Kgs. Looking and drooling at skimply dressed, Latin American women has resulted in a further reduction of 2 Kgs. Walking up and down La Habana Vieja (means, Old Havana...I am just showing off, dont mind me) has also contributed to further reducing the quantity of physical space I take up in the universe.
There are few websites that give you a fair amount of information about travel to Cuba.
www.cuba-junky.com is one that I found quite useful. If you intend going there, then theres your online travel guide. ME. Internet is a carefully regulated concept here. Most Cubans have access only to their emails. Browsing is a no no. Even to access their emails, they need wait in a line which sometimes stretches for a couple of blocks. For foreigners its different, they (or rather, WE) have wireless internet in the hotel!!
Oh yeah, and the smart ones reading this might ask, why cant the locals use the wi-fi in the hotel? They cant because, 1: Locals are not allowed to enter the hotels. There are dozens of security types in front of each hotel to make sure of that. 2: Even if they did manage to enter the hotel, they dont have a laptop to connect to the internet. More on regulations in Cuba at a later date (It is actually quite fascinating).

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

> ..on regulations in Cuba..
Don't get caught :)

8:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

just happen to be reading the motorcycle diaries right now. And drooling at ur posts...

8:29 PM  
Blogger Antimatter said...

Potato, managed to leave without getting busted for any reason!
Lazy, I havent read the motorcycle D, will read and find out what I have in common with it!!! Photos coming up shortly!

10:37 PM  
Blogger mimosa pudica said...

I am amazed at how many places you are visiting. Tell me you are on some sort of sabbatical else I will just have to lace my tea with cyanide
or
Just tell me where you work.. err not to know you... not that that wouldnt be nice ...but to get a job at the place.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, the common thing is Cuba, and the free spirit of youth. Written by Che Guevara.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->